Re: CTRL+arrows

  • P@draigBrady.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25 8:51 AM
      michal wrote:
      > Hello,
      > I have problems with CTRL+arrows key maping in (console) VIM.
      >
      > I work mostly in gvim (not console vim), where combination CTRL+Left arrows is binded to 'w' (forward word motion) and CTRL+Right arrow to 'b' (backward word motion).
      > But now I must sometimes use console VIM, and when I press this combination, it will delete me some lines in edited files.

      both of these work for me by default in vim and gvim.

      > Does anybody know, what I must do to make VIM behaviour similar to gVIM?

      However when I try to bind Ctrl-{up,down} to Ctrl-{e,y} for scrolling,
      it only works in gvim.

      So it depends on your terminal is the unhelpful answer,
      and since terminals are such a complicated/messy area
      I would say avoid vim and use gvim if at all possible.

      --
      Pádraig Brady - http://www.pixelbeat.org
      --- Following generated by rotagator ---

      If you are transitioning from windows and would like vim or gvim
      to behave more like windows editors then the following is useful

      :source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim

      You can also get even more like windows editors by using evim
      which starts in insert mode (use Ctrl+L to get to Normal Mode).