BufExplorer

  • R. shankar
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2005
      Hi,
      I am using the Bufer Explorer plugin. (with Last Change: Friday, 23 July 2004)

      I want to how to do the following -
      First, When I type \bv, the buffer explorer opens vertically split window with equal size. How can I make to open with a fixed width of 25 columns.
      Where should I hack the script to do this.

      Second, In the buffer explorer, when I select a file using <CR> key or mouse, the file opens in the current window. How can make to open in the other window.
      Any hooks in the script to do this.

      Regards,
      shankar
    • Jeff Lanzarotta
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2005
        Hello,

        First, please update my email address, that one is no longer used.

        Secondly, let me take a look at the script. If the current script
        doesn't have either of those features, I will add them. If it does,
        I'll let you know :)

        Best regards,

        -Jeff

        --- "R. shankar" <shankar@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am using the Bufer Explorer plugin. (with Last Change: Friday,
        > 23 July 2004)
        >
        > I want to how to do the following -
        > First, When I type \bv, the buffer explorer opens
        > vertically split window with equal size. How can I make to open with
        > a fixed width of 25 columns.
        > Where should I hack the script to do this.
        >
        > Second, In the buffer explorer, when I select a file using
        > <CR> key or mouse, the file opens in the current window. How can make
        > to open in the other window.
        > Any hooks in the script to do this.
        >
        > Regards,
        > shankar

      • Jeff Lanzarotta
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2005
          Hi Shankar,

          The answer to your first question is, there isn't a way to do that
          unfortunately. But I like that feature, so I can add it to the base
          code. If you would like to code it up and give it to me, that would be
          cool too. Let me know.

          The answer to your second question is, yes there is, but it only works
          in "split" mode. There is an option 'bufExplorerOpenMode'. When set to
          0, which is the default, when you select a buffer to open, it opens in
          a new window. Thus, if you use \bs or \bv and 'bufExplorerOpenMode' is
          set to 0, the newly selected buffer should open in a new window.

          I hope that answers your questions. If not, let me know.

          Regards.