Re: Comment syntax

  • Jean-Sebastien Trottier
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hi Chandrasekaran,

      For the sake of efficiency, syntax highlighting will not (by default)
      look back enough lines to see the beginning of your comment which is why
      it is not treated as one.

      Read this section in vim's documentation:
      :help :syn-sync

      Personally, I mostly work on fast computers and don't mind waiting a bit
      to get the "correct" highlighting so I use the following:
      :syntax sync fromstart

      Good luck,
      Sebastien