Re: resize split window from both sides.....?????

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
      Ankur Nayak wrote:
      > I am not able to resize split-windows by dragging the status
      > line....In gvim the same thing is working but in console vim its not
      > working.....what can be the problem????
      > ( though i dont like using mouse much but still ........)
      [...]

      I don't use console Vim much so I'm not 100% sure. In principle, to use
      the mouse, you need:

      - an OS which passes mouse events to the console program: in non-X11
      Unix this means an additional package like gpm (see ":help gpm-mouse")
      or in X11 a terminal emulator (xterm, konsole, ...) which passes mouse
      events. The Windows "Dos Box" is another example of a console emulator
      which passes mouse events.
      - a version of vim which can recognise mouse events (the ":version"
      listing includes one or more of +mouse, +mouse_gpm, +mouse_xterm, etc.)
      - you may also need to enable the mouse (see ":help 'mouse'" and ":help
      mouse-using")

      HTH,