Re: using different keyboard layouts under vim

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 12:53 PM
      Nikola Knezevic wrote:
      > Hi, sorry if this is an old question, but I couldn't find the right
      > answer.
      > I have Croatian keyboard which I want to use under vim in command mode.
      > In insert mode, it works like a charm (since fenc=enc=utf8). But in
      > command mode vim is using some weird american layout (keyboard is
      > QWERTZ, and the Shift+the key left to T exits, which is the desired
      > function). But, when I try to follow the link (<C+]> typed as
      > Ctrl+AltGr+g] it doesn't work.
      > Any solution? Gosh, my english is so bad, I'm affraid you'll spend hours
      > to dechiper it and seconds to reply:)
      >
      > I'm using gVim 6.3 under Windows XP.
      >
      > Thanks.

      Control-SpecialCharacter keys often do not move from their position on
      the American QWERTY layout. You may try Ctrl (without AltGr) + the key
      at the right end of the top row of letter keys (the row just below the
      digit keys). Or if that doesn't work, you can always get the
      functionality back by means of a mapping, for example

      :map <F12> <C-]>

      to use F12 to follow links in helpfiles, as Ctrl-] is supposed to do.

      (Another way to follow the links, by the way, is by double-clicking them
      with the mouse.)

      HTH,
      Tony.
    • Nikola Knezevic
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2 12:23 AM
        Antoine, ovo si ti izjavio [1.2.2005, 9:53:05 PM]:
        AJM> Nikola Knezevic wrote:
        >> Hi, sorry if this is an old question, but I couldn't find the right
        >> answer.
        >> I have Croatian keyboard which I want to use under vim in command mode.
        >> In insert mode, it works like a charm (since fenc=enc=utf8). But in
        >> command mode vim is using some weird american layout (keyboard is
        >> QWERTZ, and the Shift+the key left to T exits, which is the desired
        >> function). But, when I try to follow the link (<C+]> typed as
        >> Ctrl+AltGr+g] it doesn't work.
        >> Any solution? Gosh, my english is so bad, I'm affraid you'll spend hours
        >> to dechiper it and seconds to reply:)

        AJM> Control-SpecialCharacter keys often do not move from their position on
        AJM> the American QWERTY layout. You may try Ctrl (without AltGr) + the key
        AJM> at the right end of the top row of letter keys (the row just below the
        AJM> digit keys). Or if that doesn't work, you can always get the

        That works and I knew that since I'm using vim on faculty's terminal
        which has keyboards with US layout. But I want to move Ctrl+specChar
        to use my keyboard's layout.

        Thanks.

        --
        ... Menjam litru vode za kilo struje. Sifra: Novobeogradjanin

        Nikola Knezevic
        [homepage: http://users.hemo.net/indy%5d
        [jabberID: indy@...]