Re: hiding comments

  • David S.
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
      So I did not have any luck using this approach. In fact I could not
      actually get that to work at all.

      I tried to add it to my python_folds.vim file. I also tried
      :syntax clear
      :sy region myFold start="^#@" skip="^#@" end="^\(#@\)\@!" fold
      transparent contains=ALLBUT,myFold #all one line of course
      :set foldmethod=syntax

      The only partial solution I have is to just use:
      :set foldmethod=expr
      :set foldexpr=getline(v:lnum)=~'^\s*#@'

      This folds away the particular comment lines I want to ignore, but of
      course, now I do not have the rest of the Python folding.

      Thanks for your help.

      David S.

      Wind wrote:
      > Hello David,
      > try this:
      > :sy region myFold start="^#@" skip="^#@" end="^\(#@\)\@!" fold transparent contains=ALLBUT,myFold
      >
      > Let me know if I missed something: I have little knowledge about Python.
      >
      > Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 3:32:45 AM, you wrote:
      >
      > DS> I would like to cause comment blocks in Python code to be folded away
      > DS> (or use some similar mechanism) independently of like indented,
      > DS> non-comment lines.
      >
      > DS> In particular, I am using Vim with the outlining tool, Leo, which places
      > DS> marker lines in Python code files that start with '#@'. I would like to
      > DS> treat those blocks as deeply folded block since I never need to see it.
      > DS> But I can't seem to get folding to think take care of those comment
      > DS> lines and subsequently the rest of the Python file.
      >
      > DS> In this snippet, I would like to treat lines 1 and 2 as a single,
      > DS> independent, block to be folded:
      >
      > DS> 1 #@mark some section
      > DS> 2 #@<<vim plugin>>
      > DS> 4 #I hope I can read this comment even
      > DS> 5 #when the previous lines are folded
      > DS> 5 def open_in_vim():
      > DS> 6 open_best_editor('Vim')
      >
      > DS> Any direction is appreciated.
      >
      > DS> David S.

    • Wind
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2005
        Hello David,

        DS> So I did not have any luck using this approach. In fact I could not
        DS> actually get that to work at all.

        DS> I tried to add it to my python_folds.vim file. I also tried
        DS> :syntax clear
        DS> :sy region myFold start="^#@" skip="^#@" end="^\(#@\)\@!" fold
        So if "#@" thing can stand few white spaces out of the line
        beginning substitute for "\s*#@" as you do in your solution I