Re: Mapping F10 in gvim

  • Hiroshi Iwatani
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2005
      I also need the answer for this Q.

      --
      Hiroshi Iwatani

      *stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally euthanized cats and dogs
      including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500 thousand. How about
      your country? *for our better karma*
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2005
        from where i sit, the choices are:

        1) forget about trying to set f10, or
        2) set guioptions-=m

        --- Hiroshi Iwatani <HGA03630@...> wrote:

        > I also need the answer for this Q.
        >
        > Jens Juul Christensen wrote:
        > > Right now the function key F10 maps to opening the
        > top menu in gvim. I
        > > would like to use F10 for someting else and set F9
        > to do this.
        > > No matter what I insert in my .exrc F10 still maps
        > to the gui menu.
        > > Where is the mapping for the gui menu set ??
        > >
        > > Regards
        > >
        > > Jens Juul Christensen
        > >

        > --
        > Hiroshi Iwatani
        >
        > *stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally
        > euthanized cats and dogs
        > including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500
        > thousand. How about
        > your country? *for our better karma*
        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Russell Shaw
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2005
          Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:
          > I also need the answer for this Q.
          >
          > Jens Juul Christensen wrote:
          >
          >> Right now the function key F10 maps to opening the top menu in gvim. I
          >> would like to use F10 for someting else and set F9 to do this.
          >> No matter what I insert in my .exrc F10 still maps to the gui menu.
          >> Where is the mapping for the gui menu set ??
          >>
          >> Regards
          >>
          >> Jens Juul Christensen

          Try: gvim --version

          I get:

          Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2
          -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -DFEAT_LANGMAP
          -DFEAT_KEYMAP -DFEAT_SIGNS -DFEAT_RIGHTLEFT -I/usr/X11R6/include
          Linking: gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o vim -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk
          -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lm -lXt -lncurses -lgpm -ldl

          See if you have -DFEAT_KEYMAP -DFEAT_GUI_GTK

          I'm currently using a mapped F9 and F10 ok in gvim.
        • panshizhu@routon.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2005
            Jens Juul Christensen <ml@...> wrote on 2005-01-29 13:26:31:

            > Right now the function key F10 maps to opening the top menu in gvim. I
            > would like to use F10 for someting else and set F9 to do this.
            > No matter what I insert in my .exrc F10 still maps to the gui menu.
            > Where is the mapping for the gui menu set ??
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Jens Juul Christensen

            Please see

            :help winaltkeys