Re: tabbar in vim?

  • Ciaran McCreesh
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2005
      On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:07:56 +0100 Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach@...>
      wrote:
      | > Is it possible to conjure a tabbar for the various
      | > files one loads into vim's buffers? (I know this is
      | > unlikely, but I love this feature in SciTE) If not,
      | > how can one overcome this limitation? Or maybe this is
      | > not a limitation at all?
      | >
      | This is not limitation :)
      |
      | In gvim you can tear off Buffers menu.

      Yup, but you can't then dock the buffers menu back onto the main window,
      sadly. That'd be rather neat...

      --
      Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
      Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
      Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm
    • Georg Dahn
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2005
        > | In gvim you can tear off Buffers menu.
        >
        > Yup, but you can't then dock the buffers menu back onto the main window,
        > sadly. That'd be rather neat...

        What's the problem? Just close it. The menu entry is still there.
      • Ciaran McCreesh
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2005
          On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:35:03 +0100 Georg Dahn <gorgyd@...>
          wrote:
          | > | In gvim you can tear off Buffers menu.
          | >
          | > Yup, but you can't then dock the buffers menu back onto the main
          | > window, sadly. That'd be rather neat...
          |
          | What's the problem? Just close it. The menu entry is still there.

          No, I mean have the torn off menu become part of the main window,
          something like:

          +--------------------------+
          | menu here |
          +--------------------------+
          | buf1 | buf2 | buf3 | |
          +--------------------------+
          | main text... |
          | |
          | |
          | |

          There's minibufexpl, but it's not the same degree of eye candy...

          --
          Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
          Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
          Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm