Re: Fonts and coloring

  • Emily Jackson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 01:37:46 -0800
      Unnsse Khan <untzkhan@...> wrote:

      > I am using Mac OSX and am new to the OS. How do I install the fonts
      > into OSX? Also, what exactly do I type in my .vimrc and .gvimrc files
      > so I can use them?

      If you are using OS X 10.3, the easiest way to install fonts is to
      double-click the font file icon, then click the "Install Font" button in
      the font preview window that appears. You can install fonts manually in
      any version of OS X by dragging the font file to ~/Library/Fonts/ or
      /Library/Fonts/. (Any programs that are currently running will have to
      be restarted in order for them to recognize the newly-installed fonts.)
      As for specifying the font (I assume you're using the Carbon build of
      Vim for OS X), put something like "set gfn=Andale\ Mono:h12" in you
      .vimrc.

      HTH,

      Emily

      --
      "If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay."
      Emily Jackson