Re: au BufNewFile,BufRead question >>>

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2005
      Dmitry Pugachevich wrote:
      > Thanks, Jason. You're absolutely right -- by default *.pkg is
      > associated with virata... For some reason, ':autocmd! * *.pkg' didn't
      > help so I simply commented out this section in filetype.vim :
      >
      > " Virata Config Script File
      > " au BufRead,BufNewFile *.hw,*.module,*.pkg setf virata
      >
      > Now it works just fine. Thanks again and Happy Holidays everybody!

      [...]

      Beware: $VIMRUNTIME/filetype.vim (and anything else in or under
      $VIMRUNTIME) can be overwritten anytime you upgrade Vim. Put these
      autocommands in another "filetype.vim" file placed _earlier_ in
      'runtimepath', i.e., normally either in $VIM/vimfiles/filetype.vim
      (system-wide, Unix, Dos or Windows), ~/.vim/filetype.vim (user-specific
      on Unix) or ~/vimfiles/filetype.vim (user-specific on Dos/Windows). In
      order to mimic the default operation as closely as possible, you ought
      also to place them in the autocommand group "filetypedetect".