Re: Expanding after a :find command

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2005
      Just saw your email after my vacation. I have been using the following
      command as a substitute for missing completion on :find command. Hope
      you find it useful:

      command! -nargs=* -bang -complete=custom,<SID>PathComplete FindInPath
      \ :find<bang> <args>
      function! s:PathComplete(ArgLead, CmdLine, CursorPos)
      return UserFileComplete(a:ArgLead, a:CmdLine, a:CursorPos, 1, &path)
      endfunction

      Put the above in your vimrc and use :FindInPath command instead of
      :find. Of course, you can rename the command to simply :Find, but I
      already use that for running the external GNU find command in my
      greputils.vim plugin. The UserFileComplete() function can be obtained
      from the genutils.vim plugin on vim.sf.net.

      HTH,
      Hari

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250