gvim problems: auto indent on windows

  • Neil Zanella
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hello,

      I just downloaded the gvim.exe 6.3 from the vim site. I am editing an HTML
      file and I keep getting unwanted automatic indentation. How do I turn this
      off? It keeps doing the wrong thing (or at least not what I want).

      Thanks,

      Neil
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2005
        Neil Zanella wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I just downloaded the gvim.exe 6.3 from the vim site. I am editing an HTML
        > file and I keep getting unwanted automatic indentation. How do I turn this
        > off? It keeps doing the wrong thing (or at least not what I want).
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Neil

        I'm rather behind in answering mail, but just in case this hasn't been
        answered before, here are the relevant parts of my vimrc:

        runtime vimrc_example.vim
        filetype indent off

        see
        :help :filetype-indent-on