Re: Open file in Firefox

  • Alan G Isaac
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      To view current file in firefox:

      hth,
      Alan Isaac
    • George
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
        On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 10:04:23AM -0500, Alan G Isaac wrote:

        > To view current file in firefox:

        Thanks for the reply. I'm embarrassed to say I figured it out soon
        after I posted the question. Even worse, I found a Vim Tip on the
        subject.

        There remains, however, a minor problem with respect to loading the file
        in a new tab vs. the existing tab vs. a new window. I have Firefox
        configured to open external links in a new tab. Without an existing
        Firefox command switch to control how a given file is loaded, the
        existing setting gets used, which in my case would mean a new tab is
        opened for every reload/refresh of the html file I'm editing.

        That leaves me three options:

        a) Hold my breath for the folks at Mozilla to add a switch;

        b) Change the way I use Firefox; or

        c) Give up on the idea of loading the file from within Vim.

        --
        George