Re: vim and the process of taking notes

  • Jim Agnew - Department of Neurosurgery,
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 3, 2004
      no, it's not off-topic, I think that everyone is being flooded with
      details. I'd be interested also, if only to keep from writing my own!!!

      j.

      --

      "Let me drop everything to work on YOUR problem..."
    • Keith Roberts
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 3, 2004
        Seems to me that you might be thinking of the To Do stuff someone gen'd
        up awhile back. You might try looking in the archives under "todo" or
        "TODO".

      • Lars Wilke
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 4, 2004
          Carlos Beltran wrote:

          Hi,

          > In my work I have to take a lot of sparse notes. Now, I write them on paper
          > or I use a directory with a lot of small files. I am always forgetting my
          > papers notes
          > [...]

          I use the vimoutliner and viki. For latex i use the latex-suite package
          in combination this gives a fast and easy way to do notes taking.
          Try the scripts/packages yourself they can all be found on www.vim.org .

          hth
          --lars
        • Carlos Beltran
          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 9, 2004
            Hi Lars,

            Thanks for the info, I have started using the Vimouliner and it is
            very nice (I had only some minor problems instaling
            it in windows). However, it is really hard to get
            into this wiki related stuff, and particulary how to mix it
            with latex.
            I am searching a tool to organize information coherently, but
            I have to confess that after an hour reading and web-jumping
            around I have not found a clear document explaining what wiki is
            and how to use it!. This is not precisely my idea of organized
            information.
            The viki script has not been very clarifying. It seems to assume
            that you already know what wiki is about.

            Don't know, may be I am getting old..... :(

            Carlos.

          • Robert Svoboda
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 10, 2004
              * Lars Wilke <lars_wilke@...> [2004-12-07 16:50]:
              > Carlos Beltran wrote:
              >
              > Hi,
              >
              > > In my work I have to take a lot of sparse notes. Now, I write them on paper
              > > or I use a directory with a lot of small files. I am always forgetting my
              > > papers notes
              > > [...]
              >
              > I use the vimoutliner
              [...]

              There is another outliner for vim called TVO:

              It has some very nice features I missed in vimoutliner and
              vice versa. But I settled on TVO.

              Don't have experience with latex, though.

              Robert