Re: reflection && custom completion

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      On 1/12/2004 18:19, Wind wrote:
      > Hello vim masters,
      > I have a couple of questions:
      > 1. Is there a way to catch an output of :function and :scripts
      > commands, to use it for reflection, or this is forbidden for security
      > reasons?
      > 2. Is there a way to use standard competions from a custom
      > completions for command.
      > I mean, I develop my FileTree to browse zip archives and
      > wish to have usual completion in zip paths(using -complete=custom ),
      > but still whant to have completion for normal paths ( without having
      > write my own completion, as it is already written).

      1. I think what you need is ":help :redir". You can capture the output
      either in a file or in a register (including the unnamed register @" ).

      2. See ":help command-completion"

      HTH,
      Tony.
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
        On 2/12/2004 9:11, Wind wrote:
        > Hello Antoine,
        >
        > Wednesday, December 1, 2004, 9:43:34 PM, you wrote:
        >
        > AJM> On 1/12/2004 18:19, Wind wrote:
        >
        >>>Hello vim masters,
        >>> I have a couple of questions:
        >>> 1. Is there a way to catch an output of :function and :scripts
        >>>commands, to use it for reflection, or this is forbidden for security
        >>>reasons?
        >>> 2. Is there a way to use standard competions from a custom
        >>>completions for command.
        >>> I mean, I develop my FileTree to browse zip archives and
        >>>wish to have usual completion in zip paths(using -complete=custom ),
        >>>but still whant to have completion for normal paths ( without having
        >>>write my own completion, as it is already written).
        >>>

        > AJM> 1. I think what you need is ":help :redir". You can capture the output
        > AJM> either in a file or in a register (including the unnamed register @" ).
        > Yes, thanks, It will work this way. :)
        > AJM> 2. See ":help command-completion"
        > I've seen it before ( this way I know -complete=custom), but I
        > meant that if I use custom completion I can not use dir or file
        > completion, so I whant a way ( function for example ) to use it in my
        > custom completion function.
        >
        > I like the way you help.Thanks.

        Thanks; and sorry, I can't help you further.

        Unless you stray off-topic, please reply to the list, not only
        privately. One easy way to do this is to use "Reply to All", not "Reply
        to Sender" (or the equivalent commands for your mail client: I don't
        know "The Bat").