Re: Is there any v:variable for OS.

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
      Dnia wtorek, 30 listopada 2004 10:24, R. shankar napisaƂ:
      > There is v:ver which gives me information about the compilation.
      > How do I get what is the OS I am working on - Solaris or Linux.
      >
      > My problem -
      > I need to have 2 .vimrc, one for Linux and one for Solaris because I
      > need to point to cscope executable depending upon the OS.
      >
      > I can find a method by doing it in .cshrc ( In .cshrc, we can find the
      > platform and create a softlink cscope and point it to the corresponding
      > executable) Any suggestions to point it to the same .vimrc, without
      > disturbing .cshrc

      You can try with executable()

      if executable('/path/on/solaris')
      set path to cscope on Solaris
      else
      set path to cscope on Linux
      endif

      m.

      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 6 Oct)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net