Re: Strange problem on syntax.vim

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2004
      On 30/11/2004 11:44, R. shankar wrote:
      > I am using vim-6.3
      >
      > In Linux, In which file Where is the VIMRUNTIME path set by default ? Is it set during compilation time ??
      > How do I change it to point to a different location ?
      >

      > Regards,
      > shankar

      It is set during Vim initialization (see ":help $VIMRUNTIME").

      Normally you should _not_ set it yourself, Vim sets it correctly. If,
      for instance, the runtime files from your Vim distribution reside in
      /usr/share/vim/vim63/ , you might want to set $VIM to /usr/share/vim in
      your shell startup script, and Vim will automagically set $VIMRUNTIME to
      the right value.

      HTH,