Re: polish iso

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
      On 29/11/2004 11:41, Stavros Tsolakos wrote:

      >> I'm using Vim on Windows 2003, on codepage cp 1250. How to change to
      >> iso-8859-2?
      >>

      > I am not sure if I have understood correctly, but have a look at the
      > guifont option.
      > :help guifont
      >
      > HTH,
      > Stavros

      See also
      :help 'encoding'
      :help 'fileencoding'
      :help 'fileencodings'
      :help 'termencoding'
      :help 'keymap'
      etc.

      There is an "International Keyboard" widget which can be used on
      Windows, but (g)vim is not aware of it. IMO, when using (g)vim, it is
      usually better to keep the Windows locale at its default setting, and
      change the internal options in gvim, something like:

      if &termencoding == ""
      let &termencoding = &encoding
      endif
      set encoding=iso-8859-2 filencodings=ucs-bom,iso-8859-2
      set guifont=Courier_New:h11:cDEFAULT

      HTH,