  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2004
      On 29/11/2004 9:54, Sonic_Wind wrote:
      > Hello Daum°н°ґјѕЕё,
      >
      > Monday, November 29, 2004, 10:22:42 AM, you wrote:
      >
      > Could you please repeate in English( and one of standard encodings
      > ), 'couse I havn't understand you :)
      [...]

      Daum.net (a company in Korea), has a mailbot stupidly subscribed to the
      Vim list and sending a similar autoresponse to everything it gets from
      it. That autoresponse is in Korean, and in the main Korean encoding
      (euc-kr). They know about the problem but they won't do anything about
      it. When they were listed by spam-related blacklists in the past, their
      only reaction was to complain about the listing; but they did nothing to
      remove its cause (the subscription of an autoresponding mailbot to the
      Vim list).

      If you want to help fight that spam source, you can do as I did: browse
      to http://www.spamcop.net/ and get yourself a (free or paid)
      spamfighting account. I'm sure there are other methods too.