Re: Luc Hermitte's bracketing macros

  • Greg Matheson
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
      On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Luc Hermitte wrote:

      > * On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 01:03:11PM +0800, Greg Matheson wrote:

      > > E15: Invalid expression: <t_ý>J13_CursorHere()

      > Hum, I have just made a test with &encoding=utf-8 and a simple
      > abbreviation (without using Eatchar), and I have the same problem. Back
      > to latin1, everything is fine.

      Ah, UTF-8. I thought about that afterwards, but when I turned off
      UTF-8 in Fedora Core, I still got the error. Of course the
      encoding vim read the file as being in was still UTF-8. Now,
      changing the encoding to latin1, it's OK for me here too.

      This must be a vim bug, I think. Mappings shouldn't be
      dependent on the encoding.

      > By the mean time, I guess (but I'm not 100% sure however) you could get
      > rid of the <sid>/s: of CursorHere() and other !xxx! mappings.

      I deleted the <sid>s on the CursorHere and GotoMark mappings and
      the s: on the CursorHere and GotoMark functions. And now
      everything is great.

      I copied over from ML_set.vim into perl_set.vim:

      let b:usemarks = 1
      let b:cb_cmp = 1
      let b:cb_ltFn = "Insert_lt_gt_4ML(0)"
      let b:cb_gtFn = "Insert_lt_gt_4ML(1)"
      let b:cb_quotes = 0
      let b:cb_Dquotes = 0
      let b:cb_parent = 0
      let b:cb_bracket = 0
      let b:cb_acco = 0
      let b:cb_mathMode= 0
      ""so $VIMRUNTIME/settings/common_brackets.vim
      call Brackets()

      I now get all the marks and the completions with the various
      brackets. Thanks again. It's great.

      --
      Greg Natheson, Taiwan