RE: Grep in loaded buffers

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      'easiest' is somewhat subjective. If you want something 'easy' to remember
      and which has 'ease' of flexibility, I would suggest:

      VimgrepBufs <regexp> [options]
      VimgrepBufsToBuf <regexp> [options]

      The first outputs the search info to the command line, like :g/regexp....
      However, unlike :g/..., it gives info on pattern not found, etc. The second
      outputs the search info to a named buffer, a bit more complicated to do with
      :g/... .

      Synopsis:
      command VimgrepBufs srchpat[ -M][ -t]
      command VimgrepBufsToBuf srchpat[ -M][ -t]
      Where: -M == 'match case' and -t == 'terse', i.e., no 'not found' type info.

      See:

      http://www.vim.org/account/profile.php?user_id=5397 vimgrep.vim vsutil.vim

      HTH:

      MfG,