RE: Grep in loaded buffers

  • Keith Roberts
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004

      Yeah. Well. That's what I get for answering a question with half my
      brain thinking about something else. :) Maybe I had 'a in mind. :))

      -Keith
    • Dave Silvia
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        'easiest' is somewhat subjective. If you want something 'easy' to remember
        and which has 'ease' of flexibility, I would suggest:

        VimgrepBufs <regexp> [options]
        VimgrepBufsToBuf <regexp> [options]

        The first outputs the search info to the command line, like :g/regexp....
        However, unlike :g/..., it gives info on pattern not found, etc. The second
        outputs the search info to a named buffer, a bit more complicated to do with
        :g/... .

        Synopsis:
        command VimgrepBufs srchpat[ -M][ -t]
        command VimgrepBufsToBuf srchpat[ -M][ -t]
        Where: -M == 'match case' and -t == 'terse', i.e., no 'not found' type info.

        See:

        http://www.vim.org/account/profile.php?user_id=5397 vimgrep.vim vsutil.vim

        HTH:

        MfG,