Re: spell checking with Vim on OS X

  • John Magolske
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      Thanks, that helps...just installed aspell via Fink and altered the
      .vimrc file as suggested.

      Now, when invoking aspell, I'm prompted to choose an option.
      But regardless of what's input, the only response is ``Sorry that is
      an invalid choice!?''

      :!/sw/bin/aspell check vim1 Hello *wurld*, where arr we going? 1)
      world 6) Wald 2) wield
      7) wold 3) weld 8) wiled 4) wild
      9) whirled 5) would 0) Wilda i) Ignore
      I) Ignore all r) Replace R) Replace all
      a) Add l) Add Lower b) Abort
      x) Exit ? 1 Sorry that is an invalid choice!? 4 Sorry that is an
      invalid choice!?

      Also, now when invoking vimspell, the following response:

      Spell check done: 1 possible spell errors in 1 words.
      Hit ENTER or type command to continue

      - John