filetime strangeness

  • Robin Becker
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      My time zone switched over today BST-->GMT and I now find that VIM
      thinks the filetimes are wrong. So I get a W11 message opening a file
      and doing :w immediately.

      I have used VI/VIM/GVIM for a long time and never saw this before. Is it
      GVIM or perhaps some evil monitor/spy program. Procexp doesn't see
      anyone else working on the file.

      I am using XP SP2 and GVIM has version below.

      :version
      VIM - Vi IMproved 6.3 (2004 June 7, compiled Jun 7 2004 14:20:56)
      MS-Windows 32 bit GUI version with OLE support
      Compiled by Bram@KIBAALE
      Big version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +autocmd +balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset
      +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl
      +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv +cscope +dialog_con_gui
      +diff +digraphs -dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval
      +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +folding
      -footer +gettext/dyn -hangul_input +iconv/dyn
      +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak
      +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession
      +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape +multi_byte_ime/dyn +multi_lang
      +netbeans_intg +ole -osfiletype +path_extra +perl/dyn
      -postscript +printer +python/dyn +quickfix +rightleft +ruby/dyn
      +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline
      -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white
      +tcl/dyn -tgetent -termresponse +textobjects +title
      +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra
      +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows
      +writebackup -xfontset -xim -xterm_save +xpm_w32
      system vimrc file: "$VIM\vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME\_vimrc"
      2nd user vimrc file: "$VIM\_vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME\_exrc"
      2nd user exrc file: "$VIM\_exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM\gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME\_gvimrc"
      2nd user gvimrc file: "$VIM\_gvimrc"
      system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME\menu.vim"
      Compilation: cl -c /W3 /nologo -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 -I. -Iproto
      -DHAVE_PATHDEF -DWIN32 -DFEAT_CSCOPE -DWINVER=0x040
      0 -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x0400 /Ox -DNDEBUG /Zi -DDYNAMIC_ICONV
      -DDYNAMIC_GETTEXT -DFEAT_BIG
      Linking: link /RELEASE /nologo /subsystem:console /incremental:no
      /nodefaultlib:libc advapi32.lib shell32.lib gdi32.lib
      comdlg32.lib ole32.lib uuid.lib libc.lib user32.lib /PDB:.\ObjC/

      --
      Robin Becker
    • Robin Becker
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
        Robin Becker wrote:
        .... seems that if I set TZ=GMT in the shell then GVIM knows about my
        time situation. I don't seem to remember doing this before with win32 so
        is it XP or VIM?
        --
        Robin Becker
      • Alan G Isaac
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
          On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Robin Becker apparently wrote:
          > .... seems that if I set TZ=GMT in the shell then GVIM knows about my
          > time situation. I don't seem to remember doing this before with win32 so
          > is it XP or VIM?

          :h w11

          hth,
          Alan Isaac