VimRegEx ver1.1

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 12, 2004
      Fix related to having a single quote in a file name. UNIX doesn't like it.
      Latest available at:

      http://www.vim.org/account/profile.php?user_id=5397 VimRegEx.vim vsutil.vim

      MfG,
      Dave S.
    • Carlos Beltran
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
        Is it possible to have helptags working in a file
        generic file extension?
        Now, seems like it can only be used with .txt and .*x
        files....

        Thanks

        Carlos
      • Carlos Beltran
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
          A laboratory colleague has just shown me how
          to reformat a latex paragraph with the command
          alt-q under emacs. I could not answer if such
          a command exist under gvim. Does something
          similar exist??

          Thanks.

          Carlos.
        • jamessan@jamessan.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
            On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 03:55:23PM +0100, Carlos Beltran wrote:

            > A laboratory colleague has just shown me how
            > to reformat a latex paragraph with the command
            > alt-q under emacs. I could not answer if such
            > a command exist under gvim. Does something
            > similar exist??

            I'm not sure what type of formatting that does, but you may want to look
            into the 'gq' command. You can rewrap a paragraph via 'gqap'.

            Check out the following help sections for a more detailed explanation.

            :help gq
            :help ap
            :help text-objects

            HTH,

            James

          • Carlos Beltran
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
              It formats the paragraph to stay into the textwidth. And yes,
              gq options work perfectly, moreover I have discovered the autoformat
              option "set fo+=a" that works great!.

              Thanks people!

              > On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 03:55:23PM +0100, Carlos Beltran wrote:
              > >
              > > A laboratory colleague has just shown me how
              > > to reformat a latex paragraph with the command
              > > alt-q under emacs. I could not answer if such
              > > a command exist under gvim. Does something
              > > similar exist??
              >
              > I'm not sure what type of formatting that does, but you may want to look
              > into the 'gq' command. You can rewrap a paragraph via 'gqap'.
              >
              > Check out the following help sections for a more detailed explanation.
              >
              > :help gq
              > :help ap
              > :help text-objects
              >
              > HTH,
              >
              > James
              >
              > --
              > GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@...>

            • Carlos Beltran
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 14, 2005
                Hello All,

                I have not been able to find
                the way to map the right window key
                in my keyboard to work as the right
                ctrl. I touch type and for me is really
                difficult to arrive to the right control
                key with my right little finger. Is there
                a way to map the right windows key or at least
                the alt-gr key into the right-control key?

                As this probably is OS dependent I must say
                that I am using windows 2000.

                Thank you very much

                Carlos.
              • A. J. Mechelynck
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 14, 2005
                  Carlos Beltran wrote:
                  > Hello All,
                  >
                  > I have not been able to find
                  > the way to map the right window key
                  > in my keyboard to work as the right
                  > ctrl. I touch type and for me is really
                  > difficult to arrive to the right control
                  > key with my right little finger. Is there
                  > a way to map the right windows key or at least
                  > the alt-gr key into the right-control key?
                  >
                  > As this probably is OS dependent I must say
                  > that I am using windows 2000.
                  >
                  > Thank you very much
                  >
                  > Carlos.

                  I don't think Vim can do it but there are Microsoft utilities which can
                  do it; they are usually not installed with Windows, you have to get them
                  separately from the Microsoft site.

                • Dylan Doolittle
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 13, 2014
                    I want to create text files that are tagged and linked to each other just like vim help files (see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Browsing_programs_with_tags). I am not the first who wants to do this, see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Add_your_note_files_to_Vim_help or http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/making-your-own-tagfile-td1191896.html or http://ctags.sourceforge.net/EXTENDING.html or http://pnotepad.org/docs/howto/tag_custom_languages/ but the two commonly accepted solutions don't work for me: (1) Learn how to define a new language in ctags, which is beyond my skill; and (2) just write your text files as part of vim help and compile using the :helptags command.

                    I know enough ctags that I can run a command like this in a directory with all my text files:

                    ctags -R --langdef=mynotes --langmap=mynotes:.mnt --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ .

                    but --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ is my concoction and doesn't really work. What does :helptags use? In emacs, it's really easy to find out what a command does. I don't know how to do this in vi. Under the hood, it must use a ctags command, but I can't find the source so that I can emulate it.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 14, 2014
                      On 14/09/14 03:01, Dylan Doolittle wrote:
                      > I want to create text files that are tagged and linked to each other just like vim help files (see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Browsing_programs_with_tags). I am not the first who wants to do this, see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Add_your_note_files_to_Vim_help or http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/making-your-own-tagfile-td1191896.html or http://ctags.sourceforge.net/EXTENDING.html or http://pnotepad.org/docs/howto/tag_custom_languages/ but the two commonly accepted solutions don't work for me: (1) Learn how to define a new language in ctags, which is beyond my skill; and (2) just write your text files as part of vim help and compile using the :helptags command.
                      >
                      > I know enough ctags that I can run a command like this in a directory with all my text files:
                      >
                      > ctags -R --langdef=mynotes --langmap=mynotes:.mnt --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ .
                      >
                      > but --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ is my concoction and doesn't really work. What does :helptags use? In emacs, it's really easy to find out what a command does. I don't know how to do this in vi. Under the hood, it must use a ctags command, but I can't find the source so that I can emulate it.

                      AFAIK, under the hood Vim does not invoke an external ctags utility, it
                      has its own tag searching routines in C code. Tags (destinations of
                      hotlinks) are defined IIUC as any word between asterisks, where words
                      are defined (I think) by the 'isk' setting in the modeline at the bottom
                      of $VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt

                      See also:
                      :help bars
                      $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/help.vim and in particular the entries for
                      helpHyperTextEntry at lines 22-30.

                      and if you have the Vim source: src/tag.c

                      There was a young fellow named Bliss
                      Whose sex life was strangely amiss,
                      For even with Venus
                      His recalcitrant penis