RE: Using internal-variables in regexp

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 4, 2004
      You presume correctly!;)

      thx,
      Dave S.

      *** -----Original Message-----
      *** From: Antony Scriven [mailto:adscriven@...]
      *** Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:35 AM
      *** To: vim users' list
      *** Subject: Re: Using internal-variables in regexp
      ***
      *** Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
      ***
      *** > Dave Silvia <dsilvia@...> wrote:
      *** > > That's quite an exercise for the reader. I looked in
      *** > > motion.txt, windows.txt, and pattern.txt for clues as
      *** > > well as VimgrepHelp on 'mark', but cannot seem to find
      *** > > anything that mentions relating a mark to a
      *** > > match/highlight/syntax. If you're thinking of:
      *** > >
      *** > > > execute 'match grp "\%'.line("'Z").'l.*"'
      *** > >
      *** > > the line is translated only at the time of execution,
      *** > > so the highlighting stays with the original line
      *** > > number. So, I'm stumped!(
      *** > >
      *** > > Can I get a hint?) [...]
      *** >
      *** > I was just to lazy to figure it out. Maybe it doesn't
      *** > work after all.
      ***
      *** Perhaps the shomarks.vim script will help here.
      ***
      *** > But if you say your function keeps the highlight with the
      *** > text, no need trying to figure out some fancier way of
      *** > doing the same.
      ***
      *** I presume that if the text changes then you'll lose the
      *** highlight. Or if the line occurs elsewhere then you'll have
      *** duplicatde highlighting. But I think this is preferable to
      *** highlighting the line by its number.
      ***
      *** Antony