call for beta testers: NEW BETA VimRegEx.vim

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Well, I've tried to make some user friendly changes (especially in the Usage
      message, thx Dave Fishburn). I've added quite a bit of new structure to how
      the analysis is done and presented. I've also added a sort of 'tutorial'
      session by placing sample text into the regular expression and search
      windows whenever the files normally used to populate them are non-existent
      or empty.

      I'm kinda up against it here. There's not a lot more I can think of to
      cover (other than some presentation enhancements ideas I have and have
      received from others). But what I'm really interested in is anyone finding
      problems/bugs/enhancements with the current core functionality. By that I
      mean analyses/executions that are just plain _wrong_ or _aren't_ _there_ and
      should be.

      I really appreciate the responses I've received so far and would like to
      receive more from those who've already responded and those who haven't.
      People who've sent me ideas/changes/fixes, if you don't see what you wanted,
      please, jerk my chain again. I won't mind, I need reminding every now and
      then!;)

      Being still in a beta phase, the code is still quite volatile, so scenarios
      rather than patches are more valuable at this stage.

      Please, try it out?
      Please, send responses?

      http://www.vim.org/account/profile.php?user_id=5397 VimRegEx and vsutil

      thx,