binary value from "ga" command

  • Carlos Beltran
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hello all,

      I would like to get also the binary value of a caracter when using the "ga"
      command. Is there a way to do this? is there another alternative to do this
      a part of modifing somehow the "ga" command?

      Thank you,

      Carlos.
    • Antoine J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2004
        Carlos Beltran <cbeltran@...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I would like to get also the binary value of a caracter when using
        > the "ga" command. Is there a way to do this? is there another
        > alternative to do this a part of modifing somehow the "ga" command?
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Carlos.

        I suppose you could write a command or function using char2nr() on the
        character under the cursor and converting dec to bin yourself -- not very
        fast but no need to recompile.