RE: Whythere is folder called vimfiles?

  • Sanjeev Sapre
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2004
      I do used to use some plug ins and sytanx file changes but i used to do it in vim63 only ( or vim62 earlier ) now i will do it in vimfiles.
      in fact this has solved my another problem. i use one zip file ( customize.zip )containing all the plugins/syntax files with path. so whenever i install vim on new machine i just have to unzip it so files go into their proper path. so customizing to my taste was very fast and easy. earlier i have problem that when version changes say from vim61 to vim 62 then my path in zip files become invalid. with "vimfiles" i can use same zip file to customize vim immediately.

      regards
      Sanjeev