RE: Re(2): VimRegEx.vim beta

  • Dave Silvia
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 30, 2004
      Which is exactly why it surprised me that it was so. I mean, backward
      compatibility is one thing, but braindead is another. Shall we hie back to
      the days of Hollerith just in case someone has a pack of punch cards?

      Somewhere along the line 'enough is enough'. When it comes to the point
      that everybody's plugin has to include saveCPO and restore it just for the
      sake of not violating the fact that the original vi didn't have line
      continuation... After all, how many people who use vi compatible would
      really be outraged if line continuation were allowed? And anyway, it would
      seem that they are probably the minority so shouldn't they be the ones to
      make allowances?

      Somewhere along the line every mother has to cut the cord. You can't drag
      the baby around by it forever.

      JMTCW,
      Dave S.