Re: Determine if font exists from vim script

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 29, 2004
      Alejandro Lopez-Valencia <dradul@...> wrote:
      > At 06:55 p.m. 28/09/2004, Antoine J. Mechelynck wrote:
      >
      > > The idea is right, the particular tests are not the best. IIUC, the
      > > criteria for guifont formats are GTK+2, kde, other-x11 and other
      > > (see my post of a few minutes ago in answer to Ron Aaron).
      >
      > I don't keep the manual in my mind. There's too many other things
      > there already :-)

      :-). I don't keep the whole manual there either, but gvim font settings are
      one chapter I've studied -- and made tips about. About the possibility of
      having too many things in one's head, I'm not sure whether I agree or not.
      Myself, I keep forgetting things -- or remembering them too late, after the
      golden moment has passed (my family suffers from what is called in French
      "staircase spirit" -- i.e., you visit a friend or relation, have almost
      nothing to say to each other, and it's only when you leave and are in the
      staircase, or at best on the doorstep, that what you really wanted to say
      finally comes back to you).