Re: using gViM as Outlook's e-mail editor

  • John Degen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
      On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:28:41 -0400
      "Ezekiel Burke" <Ezekiel.Burke@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to use gViM as the editor for composing Outlook e-mails?
      >
      > Thank you,
      >
      > Ezekiel

      You could also consider using Sylpheed (claws.sylpheed.org). It is free, it works well and allows the use of an external editor.
      See my sig;-)

      --
      John Degen
      john@...

      "You can tell by the kindness of a dog how a human should be."
      Captain Beefheart
      <Message powered by Vim>
    • Alan G Isaac
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, John Degen apparently wrote:
        > You could also consider using Sylpheed
        > (claws.sylpheed.org). It is free, it works well and allows
        > the use of an external editor.

        I guess he'd want http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/win32/
        Can you make a comparison with the cross-platform Mahogany?
        http://mahogany.sourceforge.net/

        Thanks,
        Alan Isaac

        PS My experience using Mahogany with Vim has been quite good.