using gViM as Outlook's e-mail editor

  • Ezekiel Burke
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1 7:28 AM
      Is it possible to use gViM as the editor for composing Outlook e-mails?

      Thank you,

      Ezekiel
    • Halim, Salman
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1 7:44 AM
        Look up cubiclevim.

      • David Fishburn
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1 10:13 AM

          I have joined the open source project as a developer, and have been making
          fixes / improvements to this over the last 2 years. I have not actually
          submitted any of my changes back to the open source project yet though.
          https://sourceforge.net/projects/cubiclevim/

          There are some outstanding bugs listed with it, many of those have been
          fixed.

          Dave
        • John Degen
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1 10:48 AM
            On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:28:41 -0400
            "Ezekiel Burke" <Ezekiel.Burke@...> wrote:

            > Is it possible to use gViM as the editor for composing Outlook e-mails?
            >
            > Thank you,
            >
            > Ezekiel

            You could also consider using Sylpheed (claws.sylpheed.org). It is free, it works well and allows the use of an external editor.
            See my sig;-)

            --
            John Degen
            john@...

            "You can tell by the kindness of a dog how a human should be."
            Captain Beefheart
            <Message powered by Vim>
          • Alan G Isaac
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1 12:15 PM
              On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, John Degen apparently wrote:
              > You could also consider using Sylpheed
              > (claws.sylpheed.org). It is free, it works well and allows
              > the use of an external editor.

              I guess he'd want http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/win32/
              Can you make a comparison with the cross-platform Mahogany?
              http://mahogany.sourceforge.net/

              Thanks,
              Alan Isaac

              PS My experience using Mahogany with Vim has been quite good.