where to put agrep executable

  • Ezekiel Burke
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004
      I am attempting to use the engspchk.vim plugin, but I'm having
      difficulty. I am using gViM for Windows. I followed the directions as
      best I knew how. The plugin correctly highlights misspelled words, and
      I can use the mappings to go between misspelled words, but when I click
      on misspelled word, I get the following error in <SNR>13_SpchkAlternate,

      line 6: "needs agrep for alternate spellings support". I put the
      Windows agrep executable file in the vimfiles directory as well as some
      other directories, because I don't know where engspchk looks for agrep,
      but still with no luck.

      One of the steps to setting up engspchk on Windows is to turn QuickEdit
      off. I found no option in the properties of the gViM icon to turn
      QuickEdit off. I don't know if this has any affect on my problem, but
      it is the only step in the installation I could not complete.

      To test grep, I downloaded grep.vim and tried that. I think I have it
      working besides one problem with the return of getcwd(). Why, when I
      run the command getcwd() does it return C:\Program Files\Common
      Files\System\Mapi\1033, which is certainly not the current working
      directory?

      Thank you for any tips or advice.

      Ezekiel