RE: VIM not able to pick vimrc_example.vim

  • Keith Roberts
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 31, 2004

      LOL. I'd forgotten there was a discussion on this very topic just a bit
      ago.

      IIRC, when you open vim with a single pathname to edit, vim will :cd to
      that directory. For multiple pathnames it defaults to the same as for
      no paths (only filenames), which is $VIM.

      When you right-click, Edit with vim, it passes the complete path. When
      you [double-] click the file, there is no path; hence, $VIM.