TOhtml "plugin"

  • aec
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 2:21 PM
      Hello everyone,

      I am new to this list, and relatively new to
      Vim. I'd like to ask a question that I have been
      unable to google with any success.

      The :TOhtml command is very useful to me but I
      would like to alter the colors it chooses for
      the background and foreground of the html page.

      Im using vim 2.6.3 on Debian sid, this is in
      a terminal, not gvim.

      I think it might use /usr/share/vim/vim63/syntax/2html.vim

      Basiclly, Id like it to set bgcolor="#000000" text="#00ffff" for all the files
      it creates. In Gvim I can set the "theme" to this background/foreground
      combination and not worry about it. I cant do this inside urxvt/vim

      One line I notice in the 2html.vim file is

      if exists ("html_use_css")

      This means I could create a stylesheet and this script
      would obey it?

      Any help is appreciated as thus far, I have no idea how to
      do this.

      --
      Angelina Carlton
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        Angelina Carlton wrote:

        > I am new to this list, and relatively new to
        > Vim. I'd like to ask a question that I have been
        > unable to google with any success.
        >
        > The :TOhtml command is very useful to me but I
        > would like to alter the colors it chooses for
        > the background and foreground of the html page.

        You can use the ":colorscheme" command before invoking ":TOhtml".

        > Im using vim 2.6.3 on Debian sid, this is in
        > a terminal, not gvim.

        This should be done in gvim, because in a terminal only a few colors are
        supported.

        > I think it might use /usr/share/vim/vim63/syntax/2html.vim
        >
        > Basiclly, Id like it to set bgcolor="#000000" text="#00ffff" for all
        > the files it creates. In Gvim I can set the "theme" to this
        > background/foreground combination and not worry about it. I cant do
        > this inside urxvt/vim

        If a colorscheme doesn't produce a good result, you can either write a
        new colorscheme or modify the produced HTML afterwards.

        > One line I notice in the 2html.vim file is
        >
        > if exists ("html_use_css")
        >
        > This means I could create a stylesheet and this script
        > would obey it?

        Yes, use this command before invoking ":TOhtml":

        :let html_use_css = 1

        10E. You start counting in hex.

      • Mark Woodward
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          > Basiclly, Id like it to set bgcolor="#000000" text="#00ffff" for all the
          files
          > it creates. In Gvim I can set the "theme" to this background/foreground
          > combination and not worry about it. I cant do this inside urxvt/vim

          there's a colorshceme ?'print bw' that might be a good starting point.
          http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~maverick/VimColorSchemeTest/index-perl.html

          --
          Mark