Re: Is it possible to look at the definition of a vocabulary

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      Aldrich, Timothy sent on 31 Aug 2004 12:30:19 -0400:

      > PeterYang Sent: August 30, 2004 10:06 PM
      >
      >> I am wondering if there is any way to look at a
      >> vocabulary within vim?

      [... on Windows 2000 ...]

      > " # search for definition
      > map <C-F2> : !c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=<cWORD><CR>

      You might want to consider using the prefix 'silent !start '
      Here's what I use:

      nmap \l :silent !start "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome "http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=<cword>"<CR>;

      Note that the dictionary being used in the two
      mappings are different.

      And OP might want to try these mappings by looking
      for the definition of "vocabulary"!

      --Suresh