Re: "after" directory & SID

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
      On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:16:27PM +0200, Thomas Link wrote:
      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > I use latex-suite and I would like to add the crossref field
      > to my bibtex entries. As latex-suite seemingly doesn't support
      > crossrefs by default and because I didn't want to modify
      > ftplugin/latex-suite/bibtex.vim itself, I created the file
      > after/ftplugin/latex-suite/bibtex.vim into which I inserted
      > the following line:
      >
      > let s:x_standsfor = 'crossref'
      >
      > I ran into this problem before which is why I address my
      > question to this list. It appears that bibtex.vim doesn't know
      > about this new variable. Is it because the SNR in the after
      > directory is different from the original one? Or is the path
      > wrong - no nested directories, maybe? Or is there another way
      > to insert this new variable into the scripts "namespace"? I
      > didn't find any information on this although I suppose I'm not
      > the first one who ran into this problem.

      There is no way to add a script-local variable to one script from
      another. (Some may consider my "no way" as a challenge, but any method
      that gets around this would at least have to be pretty devious. I have
      an idea or two myself ...) The usual way to customize the behavior is
      through global or buffer-local variables, not script-local ones. Of
      course, that only works if the script is looking for the
      customization...

      HTH --Benji Fisher