iab output differences

  • Harry Putnam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2004
      I don't really understand what all the notation does below and am
      getting these mostly by hook or by crook with experimentation and
      copying from other peoples so they may be quite a mess.

      Still, I don't understand why one insert comes out different than the
      other in one regard:

      The space between (" ") comes out 2 spaces in `pget' and 3 spaces in
      `shget', but appears to be written the same.

      (Note: These are written on one line in ~/.vimrc but have line breaks
      inserted for mail at the (\))

      iab pget ## ==== BEGIN Getopts section ====<CR>## Declare vars \
      inside qw()<CR>use vars qw( );<CR>use Getopt::Std;<CR>my \
      $optstr =" ";<CR>getopts($optstr);<C-O>?" "?s+1<CR>

      iab shget ## ==== BEGIN GETOPTS SECTION ====<CR>while getopts " "\
      opt;do<CR> case "$opt" in<CR> A)<CR><CR> ;;<CR> B)<CR><CR>\
      ;;<C-O>?" "?s+1<CR>
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
        On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 10:08:29AM -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
        > I don't really understand what all the notation does below and am
        > getting these mostly by hook or by crook with experimentation and
        > copying from other peoples so they may be quite a mess.
        >
        > Still, I don't understand why one insert comes out different than the
        > other in one regard:
        >
        > The space between (" ") comes out 2 spaces in `pget' and 3 spaces in
        > `shget', but appears to be written the same.
        >
        > (Note: These are written on one line in ~/.vimrc but have line breaks
        > inserted for mail at the (\))
        >
        > iab pget ## ==== BEGIN Getopts section ====<CR>## Declare vars \
        > inside qw()<CR>use vars qw( );<CR>use Getopt::Std;<CR>my \
        > $optstr =" ";<CR>getopts($optstr);<C-O>?" "?s+1<CR>
        >
        > iab shget ## ==== BEGIN GETOPTS SECTION ====<CR>while getopts " "\
        > opt;do<CR> case "$opt" in<CR> A)<CR><CR> ;;<CR> B)<CR><CR>\

        Is this the simplest example of the problem you can come up with?

        HTH --Benji Fisher