Format indents

  • Berta Milan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
      Hi Vimmers!

      I am looking for a command that I had used a couple of
      months ago. Now, I cannot call to remembrance on it. It
      formats a text, the indents; e.g.:

      In LaTeX

      \begin{table}
      \input{sth}
      \caption{sth}
      \end{table}

      goes to

      \begin{table}
      \input{sth}
      \caption{sth}
      \end{table}

      in HTML

      <ul>bla
      <li>blabla
      </ul>

      goes to

      <ul>bla
      <li>blabla
      </ul>

      after this (normal mode) command. I know that it is not
      a 'gggqG' command or anything with 'gq'. Does anybody know
      anything about this?

      Milan
    • Jürgen Krämer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004

        Berta Milan wrote:

        > I am looking for a command that I had used a couple of
        > months ago. Now, I cannot call to remembrance on it. It
        > formats a text, the indents; e.g.:
        >
        > In LaTeX
        >
        > \begin{table}
        > \input{sth}
        > \caption{sth}
        > \end{table}
        >
        > goes to
        >
        > \begin{table}
        > \input{sth}
        > \caption{sth}
        > \end{table}

        :help =

        Regards,
        Jürgen

        --
        Jürgen Krämer Softwareentwicklung
        Habel GmbH mailto:jkr@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
          On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 01:02:46PM +0200, Jürgen Krämer wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Berta Milan wrote:
          > >
          > > I am looking for a command that I had used a couple of
          > > months ago. Now, I cannot call to remembrance on it. It
          > > formats a text, the indents; e.g.:
          > >
          > > In LaTeX
          > >
          > > \begin{table}
          > > \input{sth}
          > > \caption{sth}
          > > \end{table}
          > >
          > > goes to
          > >
          > > \begin{table}
          > > \input{sth}
          > > \caption{sth}
          > > \end{table}
          >
          > :help =

          <plug>It is especially convenient if you use the matchit plugin for
          extended % matching. In Normal mode, put the cursor on the \begin or
          \end line (but not on either of the {braces}) and type =% or enter
          Visual mode first: V%= . The same idea works for HTML.</plug>

          HTH --Benji Fisher