How to toggle xmledit script?

  • Joel Konkle-Parker
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2004
      I'm using vim 6.3 with the xmledit plugin for XML editing. Sometimes when I
      try to edit a new file (or change it in some way), the xmledit plugin
      functionality will go away. Is there a way to toggle it back on without
      closing everything and opening it again so that vim re-detects it as an XML
      file?

      I've tried :cal SetSyn("xml") and :set filetype=xml, but no effect.

      - Joel
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 04:43:14PM -0400, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
        > I'm using vim 6.3 with the xmledit plugin for XML editing. Sometimes when I
        > try to edit a new file (or change it in some way), the xmledit plugin
        > functionality will go away. Is there a way to toggle it back on without
        > closing everything and opening it again so that vim re-detects it as an XML
        > file?
        >
        > I've tried :cal SetSyn("xml") and :set filetype=xml, but no effect.

        What is the path to your copy of xmledit.vim ? It should be in one
        of your ftplugin directories.

        :help ftplugins

        If everything is working, then

        :set filetype=xml