Re: Session trouble

  • paolo veronelli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5 1:48 PM
      On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:26:58 +0200, Michael Naumann <michael@...>
      wrote:

      > On Monday 05 July 2004 22:14, paolo veronelli wrote:
      >> Hi all
      >> when I restore a session
      >> vim -S Session.vim
      >> i find my colors changed ,and I have to
      >>
      >> :so ~/.vimrc
      >>
      >> to have them right .Is it OK?
      >> Thanks Paolino
      >
      > Most likely you have written your session-file with the other
      > colorscheme active.
      Which colorscheme?

      When I :mks! my colors are right!
      then I :so Session.vim and they change!

      I look in Session.vim and there is nothing like highlight .mmmmhhh
      When you
      gvim -S Session.vim
      vim doesn't read anything else,isn't it?

      Paolino

      --
      ....lotta dura per la verdura
    • Charles E Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5 3:58 PM
        On Monday 05 July 2004 22:14, paolo veronelli wrote:
        > when I restore a session
        > vim -S Session.vim
        > i find my colors changed ,and I have to
        >
        > :so ~/.vimrc
        >
        > to have them right .Is it OK?
        > Thanks Paolino

        Yes, that's fine. From the help (:he mks, I have it at line 1214):

        Note that Views and Sessions are not perfect:
        - They don't restore everything. For example, defined functions,
        autocommands and ":syntax on" are not included. Things like
        register contents and command line history are in viminfo, not
        in Sessions or Views.

        Presumably since mks!/-S doesn't do ":syntax on" it doesn't do colorschemes,
        either. Your <.vimrc> does get sourced, which ought to set up a
        colorscheme.

        To better see what's happening, try

        vim -V -S Session.vim

        and you'll see lots of messages about what's being loaded and when.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell