Session trouble

  • paolo veronelli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2004
      Hi all
      when I restore a session
      vim -S Session.vim
      i find my colors changed ,and I have to
      :so ~/.vimrc
      to have them right .Is it OK?
      Thanks Paolino
      --
      ....lotta dura per la verdura
    • Michael Naumann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2004
        On Monday 05 July 2004 22:14, paolo veronelli wrote:
        > Hi all
        > when I restore a session
        > vim -S Session.vim
        > i find my colors changed ,and I have to
        >
        > :so ~/.vimrc
        >
        > to have them right .Is it OK?
        > Thanks Paolino

        Most likely you have written your session-file with the other
        colorscheme active. So the solution is to write the session-file again
        after adjusting the colorscheme to your needs.

        HTH, Michael
      • paolo veronelli
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2004
          On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 22:26:58 +0200, Michael Naumann <michael@...>
          wrote:

          > On Monday 05 July 2004 22:14, paolo veronelli wrote:
          >> Hi all
          >> when I restore a session
          >> vim -S Session.vim
          >> i find my colors changed ,and I have to
          >>
          >> :so ~/.vimrc
          >>
          >> to have them right .Is it OK?
          >> Thanks Paolino
          >
          > Most likely you have written your session-file with the other
          > colorscheme active.
          Which colorscheme?

          When I :mks! my colors are right!
          then I :so Session.vim and they change!

          I look in Session.vim and there is nothing like highlight .mmmmhhh
          When you
          gvim -S Session.vim
          vim doesn't read anything else,isn't it?

          Paolino

          --
          ....lotta dura per la verdura
        • Charles E Campbell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2004
            On Monday 05 July 2004 22:14, paolo veronelli wrote:
            > when I restore a session
            > vim -S Session.vim
            > i find my colors changed ,and I have to
            >
            > :so ~/.vimrc
            >
            > to have them right .Is it OK?
            > Thanks Paolino

            Yes, that's fine. From the help (:he mks, I have it at line 1214):

            Note that Views and Sessions are not perfect:
            - They don't restore everything. For example, defined functions,
            autocommands and ":syntax on" are not included. Things like
            register contents and command line history are in viminfo, not
            in Sessions or Views.

            Presumably since mks!/-S doesn't do ":syntax on" it doesn't do colorschemes,
            either. Your <.vimrc> does get sourced, which ought to set up a
            colorscheme.

            To better see what's happening, try

            vim -V -S Session.vim

            and you'll see lots of messages about what's being loaded and when.

            Regards,
            Chip Campbell