help with cscope..

  • Gowri.S@trilogy.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2004

      I am trying to use cscope from within Vim for my java project. Evironment
      is Win2k.

      Read the Vim/Cscope tutorial and built my cscope database using a list of
      my java files.

      Now from inside Vim (6.3, +cscope) , when I issue ":cs add cscope.out"
      an error message is given: E262: error reading cscope connection 0.
      The cscope.out file is readable and querying it using the cmd line
      interface of cscope works fine..

      Can anybody help me solve this problem? Please??

      --gowri
    • Terrance Cohen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2004
        I found that I had to do the ":cs add" after the VimEnter event. Don't
        know why, but it works.

        You can add this to your vimrc: au VimEnter * cs add cscope.out

        Alternatively, I source a separate script on VimEnter, and do a few
        things there: au VimEnter * source $VIM_USER\VimEnter.vim

        Anybody know why :cs add only works after VimEnter?

        -Terrance Cohen

      • Gowri.S@trilogy.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2004
          nope :-( that dint work either :-(

          Terrance Cohen <vim@...>
          07/01/2004 08:58 AM

          To: vim@...
          cc:
          Subject: Re: help with cscope..

          Gowri.S@... wrote:

          >Hi,
          >
          >I am trying to use cscope from within Vim for my java project. Evironment

          >is Win2k.
          >
          >Read the Vim/Cscope tutorial and built my cscope database using a list of

          >my java files.
          >
          >Now from inside Vim (6.3, +cscope) , when I issue ":cs add cscope.out"
          >an error message is given: E262: error reading cscope connection 0.
          >The cscope.out file is readable and querying it using the cmd line
          >interface of cscope works fine..
          >
          >Can anybody help me solve this problem? Please??
          >
          >--gowri

        • Terrance Cohen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2004
            Is cscope.out in your current directory when issuing :cs add? Try
            providing a full path to the .out file, eg. :cs add
            c:\mywork\source\cscope.out

            -Terrance

            Gowri.S@... wrote:

            >nope :-( that dint work either :-(
            >

            >Terrance Cohen <vim@...>
            >07/01/2004 08:58 AM
            >

            > To: vim@...
            > cc:
            > Subject: Re: help with cscope..
            >

            >I found that I had to do the ":cs add" after the VimEnter event. Don't
            >know why, but it works.
            >
            >You can add this to your vimrc: au VimEnter * cs add cscope.out
            >
            >Alternatively, I source a separate script on VimEnter, and do a few
            >things there: au VimEnter * source $VIM_USER\VimEnter.vim
            >
            >Anybody know why :cs add only works after VimEnter?
            >
            >-Terrance Cohen
            >
            >Gowri.S@... wrote:
            >

            >>Hi,
            >>
            >>I am trying to use cscope from within Vim for my java project. Evironment
            >>

            >>is Win2k.
            >>
            >>Read the Vim/Cscope tutorial and built my cscope database using a list of
            >>

            >>my java files.
            >>
            >>Now from inside Vim (6.3, +cscope) , when I issue ":cs add cscope.out"
            >>an error message is given: E262: error reading cscope connection 0.
            >>The cscope.out file is readable and querying it using the cmd line
            >>interface of cscope works fine..
            >>
            >>Can anybody help me solve this problem? Please??
            >>
            >>--gowri

          • David Fishburn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
              Vim 6.3 1-7 WinXP

              cscope -V
              c:/vim/tools/cscope.exe: version 15.4

              I am getting a similar problem, this is the first time I have tried cscope.
              All of the add commands report the same error.

              :cs add cscope.out
              :cs add D:\files\SQLAny\mobile9\FailOver\cscope.out
              :cs add cscope.out D:\files\SQLAny\mobile9\FailOver
              :cs add D:/files/SQLAny/mobile9/FailOver/cscope.out

              E625: cannot open cscope database: The system could not find the environment
              option that was entered.

              D:\files\SQLAny\mobile9\FailOver>dir
              Directory of D:\files\SQLAny\mobile9\FailOver\*
              7/02/2004 9:21a 25,427 cscope.out

              D:\files\SQLAny\mobile9\FailOver>attrib cs*
              ___A________ D:\files\SQLAny\mobile9\FailOver\cscope.out

              Does anyone have this working in a windows environment?

              The docs say this:
              5. Limitations *cscope-limitations*

              Cscope support for Vim is only available on systems that support these four
              system calls: fork(), pipe(), execl(), waitpid(). This means it is mostly
              limited to Unix systems.

              But lower on in c:\Vim\vim63\doc\if_cscop.txt
              *cscope-win32*
              For a cscope version for Win32 see: http://iamphet.nm.ru/cscope/index.html

              Win32 support was added by Sergey Khorev . Contact himif you have
              Win32-specific issues.

              Sergey Khorev, are you subscribed?

              Thanks,
              Dave

            • Gowri.S@trilogy.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2004
                Hey Dave!

                THANKS A BUNCH!!
                Dunno how i missed that in the docs - now got the win32 version of cscope
                and it works clean as a whistle :-))

                Thanks again,
                Gowri

                "David Fishburn" <fishburn@...>