Re: does Raymond understand Vim?

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2004
      Alan G Isaac <aisaac@...> wrote:
      > Presumptuously: I don't think so.
      > http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch13s03.html
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Alan Isaac

      No imbedded scripting language? Unable to add features other than in C code?
      Unable to filter ranges thru external filters? 900K is bloated but 1500K is
      not? LISP is above C the way C is above assembly? (The latter is an
      inference. Maybe I misunderstood what he was saying.)

      And at the very start: "At the minimum, it has to maintain an internal
      buffer copy of the file or files the user is editing" and then he mentions
      sed (as an "interesting exception" to disk I/O) in the very next sentence!
      Does sed really keep a copy of anything longer than the current line being
      edited?

      You're not presumptuous, the author of the article is presumptuous if he
      thinks he knows what he's talking about.