what about -P in vim63?

  • slimzhao
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2004
      Anyone can explain the exact steps to use -P feature in vim63?
      :h -P doesn't provide enough information.

      I start microsoft word, open an empty document, and name it as asdf.doc.
      Thus the title is "asdf.doc - Microsoft Word".
      Then I start gvim in win2k's dos box(cmd.exe) with:
      gvim -P asdf.doc
      or
      gvim -P "asdf.doc - Microsoft Word"

      It complains "E671: Cannot find window title asdf.doc - Microsoft Word"