vim.vim in Vim 6.3b

  • PAN Shizhu
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2004

      I had noticed that in Vim 6.3b, the syntax/vim.vim line 597 has the
      following:

      hi def link vimFuncName Normal

      Which in Vim 6.2 was:

      hi def link vimFuncName Function

      I don't know if there's any reason to change `Function' to `Normal', since
      `Function' group is designed to show function names, if someone want to
      highlight it as Normal, he should link Function group to Normal in his
      personal vimrc, instead of change the Vim system default.

      This is not a bug, but I think this change hurts consistency. The
      `Function' group is widely used to show pre-defined functions for a
      particular language, link the vimFuncName directly to Normal is weird. The
      vim.vim file being the 'apotheosis' in wrting vim syntax script should not
      do things like this, IMHO.

      Any comments? or I'd missed something?

      Sincerely
      Pan Shizhu.