how to write vimrc file?

  • nein@myrealbox.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2004
      When writing vimrc file, can I put descriptions for each commands?
      When I write descripritions in vimrc file, I get error messages on starting up vim. Will anyone tell me how to do this without getting error messages?

      Thanks.
    • David Sanders
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2004
        On Saturday 05 June 2004 11:34 pm, nein@... wrote:
        > When writing vimrc file, can I put descriptions for each commands?
        > When I write descripritions in vimrc file, I get error messages on starting
        > up vim. Will anyone tell me how to do this without getting error messages?
        >
        > Thanks.
        Place a " at the beginning of the line.

        Look at $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim
        --
        David Sanders
      • Gary Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2004
          On 2004-06-06, David Sanders <vim@...> wrote:
          > On Saturday 05 June 2004 11:34 pm, nein@... wrote:
          > > When writing vimrc file, can I put descriptions for each commands?
          > > When I write descripritions in vimrc file, I get error messages on starting
          > > up vim. Will anyone tell me how to do this without getting error messages?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > Place a " at the beginning of the line.
          >
          > Look at $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim

          Also see