Re: Ctrl-P

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
      gumnos (Tim Chase) <gumnos@...> wrote:
      > > What I think I would like to do is say "let iskeyword be everything
      > > except tabs, starts of lines and ends of lines" or something like
      > > iskeyword=*-\t,\n
      >
      > Well, you can get this with (while this isn't exactly it, it's good
      > enough for the most part)
      >
      > :set iskeyword=32-255

      [...]

      > I'm not sure how kindly this plays with Unicode/UTF8 joys, but perhaps
      > Antoine M. or one of the other folks better versed in the
      > peculiarities of alternate character encodings can jump in here.
      >
      > To truely just get tabs & cr/lf as your delims, you could set
      > iskeyword to"1-8,11,12,14-255" or something like that. This would
      > exclude *just* those characters. However, if you're lazy like me,
      > and don't have other control characters in your document (<32) then
      > you can just use the 32-255 range. :)
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > -tim

      Seeing my name in the mail, I just have to answer. Yet there are a LOT of
      things about Vin that I don't know, even in the Unicode department. About
      "higher" codepoints, I read under 'isfname' (to which 'iskeyword' resends)
      that "under Unicode", multibyte codepoints U+00A0 and above are always
      "included" ("multibyte" in UTF-8 means anything other than 7-bit ASCII).

    • Antony Scriven
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2004
        A. S. Budden wrote:

        > Thus spake Antony Scriven:
        > >
        > > [...]
        > >
        > > set iskeywork=1-255,^9
        > >
        > > [...]
        >
        > I've tried both of these solutions, but I still can't get it to work.
        > The result I get is that I type Pent^P and it completes the Pentref bit,
        > but not the rest of the field.
        >
        > In case it helps, I have uploaded the text file in question to
        > http://tinyurl.com/yupsv
        >
        > Can anyone point out what I'm missing here... or at least confirm that
        > it works with this file so that I can see if there's something wrong
        > with my setup here...

        I see the problem, but I'm afraid I have no further
        suggestions. Works fine for latin1; switch to utf-8 and it
        stops working.

        Antony