fixed a syntax file... now what?

  • Jose Alves de Castro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      What should I do after fixing a syntax file? Should I mail the
      maintainer?

      I'm asking this because the place where I should find the most recent
      version of the file doesn't seem to be available:

      http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/vim/syntax/perl.vim

      (I don't even know if anyone corrected the same thing already)

      Is there any usual procedure to do this? :-|

      TIA,

      jac

      --
      José Alves de Castro <jcastro@...>
      Telbit - Tecnologias de Informação
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        Jose Alves de Castro wrote:

        > What should I do after fixing a syntax file? Should I mail the
        > maintainer?

        Yes. When it is impossible to contact the maintainer you can ask me.

        > I'm asking this because the place where I should find the most recent
        > version of the file doesn't seem to be available:
        >
        > http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/vim/syntax/perl.vim
        >
        > (I don't even know if anyone corrected the same thing already)
        >
        > Is there any usual procedure to do this? :-|

        You can find the set of runtime files that I have on the ftp server:

        ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime/

        --
        If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains
        start working.